No Churn S'more Ice Cream

6:57 PM


A few weeks ago, I threw together this no churn vanilla ice cream and it was so easy and it was so vanilla-y and it was so good. Everytime I ate/faceplanted in that stuff I was reminded of a burnt marshmallow shake from one of my favorite burger joints in DC. And that was how I knew I needed to pretty woman that basic vanilla into a glorious S'More Ice Cream Diva. So I toasted up some marshmallows and threw em in there with some chocolate and graham crackers.



The recipe for the ice cream base is fairly simple. Whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and a wholeheckofalot of vanilla. I used vanilla bean paste because it gives it that vanilla bean look without the vanilla bean price.


I was a little nervous about what the marshmallow would do to the consistency of the ice cream, since the basic vanilla base came out so creamy, but it was perfect! This stuff is seriously so creamy and rich. If you're feeling adventurous, you can add anything you want to the base, but I would recommend this s'more combo if you know what's good for you. I also found that the marshmallows made the already sweet base a little sugary, so I had to cut down on the sweetened condensed milk just a tad to make up for it.


After some deep thought and meditation, I ended up using a ganache to make a chocolate swirl. It froze up perfectly, but it added a lot of time and effort. You could definitely chop up some semi sweet chocolate and throw that in instead.


No Churn S'More Ice Cream
Adapted from HowSweetEats


Ice Cream Base

3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 T Vanilla paste

For the S'mores

12-14 large marshmallows
1 premade graham cracker pie crust
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup cream (See Note Below)

Place the 1 cup of cream in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until bubbles begin to form/just before the cream begins to boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips and whisk until chocolate dissolves completely. Let cool. (See Note Below)

With an electric mixer, whip up the cream to a stiff peak. Do not overmix. Set aside.

Lay out your marshmallows on a baking sheet. Place under a hot broiler until very dark brown to burnt in color (depending on how much burnt marshmallow flavor you want in your ice cream). If the bottoms of your marshmallows have not melted, flip the marshmallows over and broil until melted and crispy. I found that the marshmallows needed to be pretty dark to get maximum flavor per mallow.Be sure to watch your marshmallows carefully. They will brown up fast.

In a medium bowl, mix the marshmallows with the vanilla and 1/2 of the sweetened condensed milk and fold into your whipped cream. It will take quite a bit of folding to get everything incorporated At this point, you may want to taste the whipped mixture to see how sweet it is. You can add more of the sweetened condensed milk to taste. I ended up using about 3/4 of the can.

Fold your pie crust into your whipped cream mixture (you can break it up into smaller pieces, but it will crumble quickly. I like large chunks in my ice cream, so I wanted to break it up as little as possible.)

Pour your mixture into a freezer safe container, Pour desired amount of chocolate mixture over the top and fold just until swirled. Freeze for at least 6 hours (it took about 12 for mine to be completely solid)

Note: For the chocolate in my s'more I decided to use a ganache since it wouldn't freeze solid. I ended up having quite a bit leftover. If you want to save yourself the time/energy/leftovers you could definitely chop up some semi-sweet chocolate and mix that in instead.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts